Working with operational systems or financial systems is commonplace. Working with people systems remains an abstract concept. Since 1997 Leadership Systems has provided expertise to reveal, map, and manipulate these systems.
Every system has outputs. The outputs of the people systems in organizations are often centered around concepts such as:
- Trust levels
- Commitment levels
- Effort levels
- Organizational culture
- Leadership approaches
The need for consulting services, however, is rarely communicated in these terms. More often than not, the questions that reveal the need for a consultative relationship sound like this:
- “Help us find ways to make this organization work better. Why aren’t we acting in alignment with our strategy?”
- “We are going through some huge changes. What do we need to do?”
- “We are growing by leaps and bounds. How do we better manage the operation?”
- “What should we do to uncover why our goals aren’t being met and what we should change to get our desired results?”
- “Why don’t the new hires we bring on stay with us? We spend too much money and time trying to fill positions over and over.”
- “I want the teams here to function better. Why is there so much infighting and politics? We aren’t taking care of our business.”
- “How do I increase the training department standard?”
- “We need to create an internal training department. How is that done?”
Consulting isn’t just for organizations in crisis. Many organizations use our consulting services to do internal research on how to improve, how to fix a problem, how to build healthier, better functioning culture, or how to start up a new division or organization. Of course, organizations that are in crisis also come to us to discover what they can do to turn the situation around.
Leadership Systems employs several tools to investigate root causes for conditions that exist and analyze how those conditions interact with one another driving specific behaviors and beliefs in the organization. Once the raw data collected from investigating is turned to information in analysis, we recommend actions that will move you toward your desired results.